We've got your back

We've got your back

Friday 28 June 2013

First post!-Macro mania

Welcome to my brand new blog everyone! Here I will share with you all my latest photographic adventures, photographs and news.

As one of my projects over the summer, I have decided to try out some super macro photography. This has involved reversing my 18-55mm kit lens and adding an extension tube for maximum magnification. I'm trying to find less common species or less familiar species to photograph so my photos don't just look like any old photo. This project started about month ago but I plan on getting most of my shots over the holidays.

This was one of my first images of the project. It is of some kind of beetle that I found sheltered on the underside of a leaf. To make it easier to photograph, I carefully clipped the leaf and laid it on the garden table. After taking a few photographs, I took the beetle back to the bush it came from and put it roughly in the same place.


The next photo was taken a week later. I found this particular insect on a blooming Rhododendron petal. I set up my tripod next to the flower and waited for the insect to come into position for photographing.


I also managed to photograph a green shield bug.


More photos can be found on my website at:  http://saron98.wix.com/samuel-aron-photo

There will be more posts to come!

All images © Samuel Aron

No comments:

Post a Comment