We've got your back

We've got your back

Monday 22 July 2013

Scotland-Part One

Hi all,

Just got back from a weekend in Scotland with my dad. Had a great time and saw lots. I also photographed lots so I have decided to write 3 posts so that I can show you all my best shots and tell you about all of my adventures. I will do a new post every day for the next three days.
So, part one, we arrived at inverness airport around midday. This meant that we had time to go somewhere while we were there. In the end, we decided to go to Chanonry point as it was along the way. When we arrived at Chanonry point the weather was nice but for a minute or so, there were no dolphins until two started breaching right in front of us. It was so unexpected and I wasn't prepared at all! I managed to catch a close-up of one of the dolphins before the moment was over. Seeing them breach so close to the shore was amazing. After that, we saw plenty more dolphins but none of the views later could compete with the views we got at the beginning.


We saw plenty of other wildlife at Chanonry point including cormorants, arctic terns, gannets and gulls.
One such gull, a herring gull, decided to go fishing and got two bites. His first bite was a nice crab and the second one was a starfish. I knew it was the same gull by the featherless marks on its face.



Once we had visited chanonry point, we carried on with the journey and took a ferry across the cromarty firth. This took us to a nice beach with a small pier out to see. This beach was also the fishing grounds of many arctic terns and gulls. I managed to get a backlit shot of a tern against the pier.


Not bad for the first day.

All images © Samuel Aron

2 comments:

  1. Nice shots Sam! That's a Arctic Tern isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is. There's lots of them around that area.

    ReplyDelete