We've got your back

We've got your back

Sunday 1 September 2013

Scotland... again. (wildlife overview)

Hi all,

Went to Scotland a few weeks ago for the second time this summer although this time, it wasn't just a long weekend. This meant that I had more time to photograph the various species.
To start off, on the way up to Brora, we stopped off at Loch Garten to photograph the red squirrels. To be honest, it looked like I would end up unsuccessful as it was raining. After spending around 15 minutes in the visitor centre to avoid the rain I went out to photograph the squirrels. I found them immediately. They were chasing each other up and down the trees. There were two different squirrels that we saw in our time there and they both allowed me to photograph them.
The squirrel below was more dominant than the other and was the one chasing.


And here is the chasee.



On another day, while walking the dogs along a beach, I came across a large pool of water in which terns and gulls liked to fish. Here are a few shots from that walk.



No trip to Scotland would be complete without a visit to chanonry point. There was much more activity than last time.



On a few early mornings, I got up and went down to the local stretch of beach to photograph its grey and common seals. It was an amazing experience, being so close to wild grey and common seals. There were moments where I thought I would scare them away but I did eventually get close enough to photograph them. Here's a few of my favourites from two of the early morning sessions.






Thank you for looking and I hope you have had a great summer.

All images © Samuel Aron

No comments:

Post a Comment